Summer Scholarship For A Study Trip In Turkey
• The Ministry of Culture and Tourism of the Republic of Turkey will offer short summer scholarships for a study trip for successful and motivated graduate students (MA, MPhil, PhD, etc.) interested in Ottoman and Turkish studies.
• The aim of the project is to provide wide-ranging first hand information on Turkey, its culture, history and politics; and to promote social and academic exchanges among the participants and their Turkish counterparts.
• Applicants to the study trip must be graduate students in Turcology, History, Political Science, International Relations, Sociology, Journalism, Law or Public Administration.
• This year’s scholarship programme is open to students from the following countries: Argentina, Australia, Austria, Belgium, Brazil, Bulgaria, Canada, Czech Republic, Denmark, France, Germany, Hungary, Republic of Ireland, Italy, Lithuania, Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Poland, Romania, Russian Federation, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, UK, USA.
• All travel and accommodation expenses of the study trip will be covered by the Turkish Ministry of Culture and Tourism.
• The programme will include 30 participants.
• The programme, excursions and discussions will be in English.
• Participants of the study trip will be required to arrive in Turkey on 20 August 2017 and fully participate in the programme that ends on 28 August 2017. (Draft programme is enclosed.)
• Following the visit, participants will be requested to provide an evaluation paper by 18 September 2017 on the programme and their perception of Turkey.
• Application documents listed below can be sent by mail, e-mail (email@example.com)
or be brought in person to the Turkish Embassy in Washington. The Embassy is located at 2525 Massachusetts Avenue NW, Washington, DC 20008
• Applicants will be requested to provide CV, a motivation letter in English and transcripts
The deadline for applications is 14 July 2017.
Monday - Friday
09:00 - 12:30 / 13:30 - 16:00
Walk-in hours: 9:30am - 12pm / Phone Application: 2pm - 4pm
|12/30/2021||12/30/2021||End of year|
|1/17/2022||1/17/2022||Martin Luther King, Jr. Day|
|2/21/2022||2/21/2022||President's Day - Federal Tatil|
|6/20/2022||6/20/2022||Juneteenth National Independence Day|
|1/1/2023||1/1/2023||New Year's Eve|
+ 90 312 292 29 29